Pilot training requires a maximum of 45 hours training experience in order to be a Licensed Pilot. Private pilots are required to complete three perfect landings and three takeoffs in a span of 90 days in order to carry passengers. The national average that is required for every trainee is about 65 hours. There is leadership and command training for pilots.
Listed are the basic requirements in order to obtain a Private Pilot License
- Must be at least 17 and above year of age.
- Able to understand the English language, write, speak and read.
- At least has 40 hours flight training.
- Passed the knowledge test.
- Obtained the pilot medical certificate.
- Completed 20 hours of SOLO flight training.
- Passed the Practical Test of flight test and oral examination.
There are a total of 4 types of pilot licenses (in US we call them certificates):
- Student Pilot License (SPL)
- Private Pilot License (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL), and
- Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
Aviator College TSA Information For Pilot Training in USAALL International Flight Students
(from Bolivia, Korea or any other country) must complete and submit a Registration form from the TSA (Transportation Security Administration). If you are seeking an additional rating, fingerprinting can be done at our office (3-5 business day wait), or in Europe; at the following two locations (appointment only).
Farnborough Hampshire, GU146XA
(44) 1252 554500
Le Bourget Airport Bldg 404
Le Bourget, 93352
When you are registering with the TSA
you will need to list in their application these three courses you will be doing here at the Aviator. You do not need to register for other courses.
Course 01 Private Pilot Single Engine / Aircraft Cessna 172 $130.00
Course 02 Multi Engine Rating / Aircraft Beechcraft BE-76 $130.00
Course 03 Instrument Rating /Aircraft Beechcraft BE-76 $130.00
Click here for step by step instructions on filling out your TSA Enrollment Application.
A person who is applying for a U.S. pilot certificate/rating on the basis of a foreign license now must submit a request of Verification of Authenticity of his/her license to the FAA’s Airmen Certification Branch (AFS-760). Please Contact Aviator Flight Training Academy for more information on how to complete this task.